visit this site So today I want to talk about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the pictures attached. (I just got a new outfit and was excited about it so I had to document it, but we’ll talk about that later)
I want to talk about the importance of a work-life balance. Mainly, because it’s something that I think almost everyone struggles with, including me! It’s something I’m trying to be better at every day but I feel like it’s especially hard when you own a business, because you’re never really off the clock. I try to respond to comments and questions from my customers as quickly as I can, which means I might be answering emails at 11 pm and 4 am. I try to post on Instagram several times a day, which means I might be posting pictures on my day off or during a family vacation. So it’s hard to know where to draw the line! When is it acceptable to focus on work and when is it crucial that you spend time enjoying the real world?
I put together a little list of work-life balance rules, because for me it’s easier to stick to boundaries if I have something written and published! Feel free to use my rules if you think they might make your own life a little more balanced 🙂
- Don’t touch your phone for at least an hour before bed. Instead try reading a book, working on a puzzle, or watching your favorite TV show.
- When you wake up in the morning, do NOT look at social media or email right away. Drink a big glass of water, do a quick stretch, and start your morning routine.
- Have a specific time set for emails and social media. It’s important to respond to emails and other messages within at least 24 hours of receiving them, but that doesn’t mean you have to respond in 2 seconds! I like to check my email and start posting on social media while I’m drinking my morning coffee, but I don’t have my first cup of coffee until I’m already at work, after I’ve worked out and had a good breakfast.
- When you’re at work, be fully there! Focus on your to-do list and be productive so that when you go home you’re able to be fully there as well without thinking about work too much.
- Talk about your work day with friends, family, boyfriends or girlfriends when you get home. Talk about everything good, everything bad, just everything work related. But then move on! Talk it out then leave it behind so you can focus on other portions of your life.
So there you have it, just a couple tips to help balance our your work life with your home life!
Scroll for outfit details!
Now let’s talk about this outfit! First, let me say that the bodysuit and shorts are not yet available, but they will be really soon at S & Co. Boutique
I have been loving the color pink lately, (don’t ask me why because I swear I used to hate it) and corduroy! So when I saw these shorts I knew I had to buy them for the store! And I can’t wait to wear them with tights in the fall!
Also, I never thought I would like bodysuits! I imagined they would be uncomfortable and unflattering but honestly this new black one is my favorite! It’s so comfy, doesn’t ride up, and looks great with any bottoms.
For accessories I just had to wear a hat and sunglasses, mainly because I was too lazy to actually do my hair or makeup 😉 (both were bought at Target!)
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time,