I’ll be the first to say I’m not a huge fan of January: it’s cold, not particularly pretty, and the holidays are over! But I do love the idea of a New Year and a fresh start! With that I want to share some of my New Years Resolutions!
- Read at least one book a month!
- I love reading, I always have! And when I get into the groove of reading that’s literally all I want to do! But I just have to get back in that groove, starting this month!
- Blog at least twice a week
- Now this one is going to be tricky for me, and not because I don’t love doing it, but because I seriously struggle so hard to find the time to do it! I think I’ve written that in almost every blog post, but it’s true! I always put blogging at the very end of my to-do list, like it’s not as important as my other tasks. Which might be true some of the time, but I know consistently blogging will help my store in the long, plus it’s one of my favorite things to do so I just need to remember to make time for it.
- Meal Prep
- I definitely go in phases when it comes to eating right, every week is different! But I truly do enjoy eating good, healthy food! I could probably eat meat and vegetables for every meal, but the struggle is either not having all of those fresh ingredients on hand, or not having the time to make food like that for every meal. So this goal has more to do with managing my time better and knowing what I’m going to eat ahead of time, rather than just trying to eat healthier. This year I’m actually proud to say I’m pretty satisfied with myself and my body in general. I make an effort to work out at least five days a week, so when I do eat unhealthy I don’t really feel any guilt! I do however feel regret the next day at the gym when everything seems so much harder because I didn’t put the right fuel in my body!
- Take baby steps towards my goals!
- This one is a biggie for me, I find myself getting so overwhelmed when I think about my 1 year, 5 year, or even 10 year plans for my business and just my life in general. When I get that overwhelmed I start to shut down, instead of working on my goals, I just don’t do anything at all! But I’ve found that if i just slow down and work at the goals a little bit each day they’re not nearly as overwhelming.
- Be more present
- I’m sure this is a goal for most people, or probably should be. I want to live in the moment more, enjoy my surroundings instead of playing on my phone or thinking about other things. But I think there is a time and a place to be on your phone, checking your emails, worrying about work…and that is at work! So this year, while I’m at my store working I’m going to try and be fully there! Not worrying about my personal life but actively working on my store, whether that means instagramming, answering emails or whatever but that also means that when I’m not at work I’m going to stop worrying about work (as best as I can anyway, when you’re your own boss I’m not sure you ever really quit working).
So there ya have it! My tentative goals for the year, and if I really tried I could think of 50 more, but hey we’re taking baby steps here remember?
Thanks for reading and be sure to watch the site this week for the arrival of this new sherpa pullover! I’m so crazy about it already and it’s making January a lot more do-able. (www.sandcoboutique.com)